Survivors Inc.'s hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
to connect you to our services.
717-334-9777 or 1-800-787-8106
Are You A Victim?
Take the survey to learn more:
To learn more about Protection From Abuse Orders, CLICK HERE.
- Adams County Children’s Advocacy Center
- Adams County Victim Witness
- Alder Health Services
- Central Pennsylvania Immigration Project
- Mid Penn Legal Services
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape
- Protection From Abuse Law – Pennsylvania
- South Central Community Action Programs, Inc.
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- United Way of Adams County
- YWCA Gettysburg & Adams County
- YWCA Hanover / Safe Home
Power and Control Wheels
According to the Domestic Abuse Intervention Program (DAIP), physical violence is one form of intimate partner violence. It is characterized by the pattern of actions that an individual uses to intentionally control or dominate one’s intimate partner. That is why the words “power and control” are in the center of the wheel. A batterer systematically uses threats, intimidation, and coercion to instill fear in his partner. These behaviors are the spokes of the wheel. Physical and sexual violence holds it all together—this violence is the rim of the wheel.
DAIP created an Equality Wheel in contrast to the Power & Control Wheel to help intimate partners understand what it means to be involved in a healthy relationship. To learn more about how the two wheels can be used together visit the DAIP website.